Cleveland State Community College
Cooperative education is a valuable work-based learning experience, giving you a chance for hands-on training in your career field. Future employers will recognize your participation in a cooperative education experience as on-the-job training and this will give you an edge as you start out in your career after graduation.
Cooperative education, combined with academic studies in your major, will prepare you and give you the skills and knowledge for your future career. Employers seek qualified, well-rounded students and your Cooperative Education experience will be a great selling point on your resume and future job interviews.
Earn college credit for work and volunteer experiences!
Earn college credit while working, job-shadowing, or volunteering.
- Create an effective resume portfolio that will make you stand out from other applicants.
- Learn about proactive interviewing and how to differentiate yourself from other candidates being interviewed for the same position.
- Create a personalized job search strategy and networking pitch.
- Learn how to succeed and advance on the job with different soft skills.
- Gain an edge with valuable hands-on training as you start out in your new career.
- Independent study courses available (1-3 credit hour options) that can easily fit in to busy students’ schedules.